- Not bad
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
DeSmuME is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
DeSmuME is also compatible with
DeSmuME is also available in other platforms
Versions of DeSmuME
|DeSmuME 0.9.8 11/02/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- This release focuses on emulation bugfixes and features of interest to homebrew developers. Most users will find that the compatibility is increased substantially.
Note that version 0.9.5 is only available on Intel Macs. However version 0.7.3 which works on Power PC Macs is also available when you click download.
- Can play a wide range of ROMs
- Runs games smoothly
- Quite tricky to set up
- Latest version only works on Intel Macs
"Works a lot better than most people give it credit for"
Honestly I see a lot of reviews noting about crashing after short periods of time and the like, these users however don't realize it isn't the emulators fault. The emulator generally runs on over 300,000k memory, if your computer cant handle that kind of memory usage then obviously it will crash. I have run the program for an entire day and it didn't crash even once, some minor slowdowns were noted but at the time of my posting this I only had three gigs of ram. So before you give the emulator a bad rating, look at your operating system first and see if it can handle 300,000k memory usage. If it can, you should be seeing near seamless game play swift and accurate touchscreen simulations and rich sound.
- Plays many games and plays them clearly.
- Good sound quality.
- Excellent touch screen interface.
- great framerates.
- Has a high memory draw (over 300,000k)
- 07 Nov 2010